HybridZ

trouble shooting LC-1 WB sensor controller

SidWell

I have either broken my LC-1 or WB sensor or both. The sensor does not get hot. The black wire (calibration) on the LC-1 always reads zero volts when veiwed from an oscilloscope. I have tried to communicate with the controller with LogWorks but the LogWorks program says there is no serial port available. I have the terminating resistor on the input and the comm port plugged into the Out recepticle. I cannot find were to configure the comm port for the program. Where do I go from here?

Normally there is no need to configure the serial port as it scans the ports and finds the LC-1 on its own. Your LC-1 definitely isn't powering up. Check to be sure it's getting 12 volt power and is grounded to the engine block. If it doesn't have any power issues, you'll want to contact Innovate on it as they support these directly.

Ya. The color code leaves something to be desired. Even multiple grounds.... I am sure they did it for a reason. Innovate is about 3 blocks from where I work. I will take it over there tomorrow for them to look at. It did work prior to my rewire of the engine bay. I have also tested it directly hooked to the battery. I am sure I fried it somehow during the rewire.

There are a lot of people with pad LC-1's.

Apparently, LM-1's are OK but the LC-1 is troublesome compared to the AEM unit.

I'm sure Innovate is aware that they have an inferior product in the LC-1.

Just wish I ha waited until the AEM unit came out instead of buying one.

There are a lot of people with pad LC-1's.

Apparently, LM-1's are OK but the LC-1 is troublesome compared to the AEM unit.

I'm sure Innovate is aware that they have an inferior product in the LC-1.

Just wish I ha waited until the AEM unit came out instead of buying one.

I'm not completely satisfied with mine either.

It works fine for sending a signal to the ECU, but the output to the gauge only ever gives me 14.5. Has anybody else had a similar problem?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/innovate-gauge-only-red-p-170.html

I've rewired it once already, and made sure the ground is good. Next I think I'm going to make sure its getting good power.

Its not always stuck on 14.5 it moves +/- 0.1 once in a while, but its completely random. Usually between 14 and 14.6.

I've re-calibrated everything and updated the firmware and no difference.

when i wired mine up i first wired it to the analog 1 and got the same readings but then i spliced the wire going to my relay board (analog 2) and got good readings. The manuals seems to show the gauge going to analog 1 but i thought it would make sense to atleast try it on analog 2 and it worked...Feel free to tell me if this was a bad idea...

P.S. the LC-1 seems glitchy for me too..mainly during warm-up..but then again...but i am still tuning that part.