HybridZ

Courteous Z Driver

fhptom

I did get that:) ^^ .

Regardless of the cop, offercer, I have been known to squeeze the left lane (sometimes you get crowded around here) if I see any MAN (male or female) doing his/her job! (That is if I can not get over, mostly semi around these parts that seem to have just that... hummmmmm,, timeing).

Here in TX we apparently have a law stating that only under passing (another car in front of you) circumstances you should be in the "passing lane" (the far left lane) on the highway. I learned this the hard way when driving in my 280zx on the way to work....

Bike cop pulls up next to me on the highway as im cruising (going the speed limit) in the "passing lane". Meanwhile all of the people in the other lanes are ahead also going the speed limit. Cop pulls me over...

Me about to be late to work says "yes officer?", cop "you know why i pulled you over?", classic "no sir", cop "you were driving in the passing lane while not passing anyone.", Me "well to be passing someone I would have had to be speeding, as everyone else was going the maximum limit. Would you have pulled me over if i was speeding in the passing lane in order to pass someone?", cop "probably not".

I then asked him if he could hurry because I was about to be late for work. Cop checks my history and finds a case I never got taken care of a few years ago and took me to jail... He was nice enough to let me call my family to take my car home and not impound it. I had to let my 80 year old grandma drive my 5 speed :( I sit in the back of the cop car watching her stall out over and over...

I have also met a lot of nice cops.