HybridZ

Nissan D21 Pickup.. Dead z24 swap for VG30e

Guest $Blinga$

Guest $Blinga$

Hey all, new to this forum.. Just trying to find out some info.

I have a Aussie 89 Nissan Navara King Cab (Hardbody) pickup. Motor just blew on me last week. The old glorious 8 spark Z24 4 banger is no more..

What I have in the pipeline is a complete 84 model 300zx with a rebuilt VG30e that hasnt been run in yet and a auto box. I know the nissan pikcups came stock with the VG30e thats why I've chosen it in hope of ease of installation to get me back on the road quickly.

This truck is my daily so I'm just after a quick swap, not after big numbers. I already have project car that is copping the go fast bits its a bagged, body dropped toyota.

Just want to know if there were any psyical difference's between the chassis, engine and gear box cross members between the V6 and 4 cylinder pickups.. Just seeing if I have to cut engine mounts off the chassis and move them, or fabricate up new mounts and x members etc.

Also is the much to look out for on the VG30e and the auto? I've been reading around about them and they seem to be quite bullet proof.

Cheers for your help.

The V6 nissan pickups are rare in Australia so its tricky to get info on them.

Thanks again

Benny

• 7 months later...

Also is the much to look out for on the VG30e and the auto? I've been reading around about them and they seem to be quite bullet proof.

Cheers for your help.

The V6 nissan pickups are rare in Australia so its tricky to get info on them.

Thanks again

Benny

My daily used to be a `95 Hardbody XE auto VG30E but passed down to my son. I bought it used almost 8 yrs ago w/ 100K mi, changed the oil every 3-5K mi, added a K&N air filter and new tires (<10K mi); changed the water pump and timing belt @ 135K. I just turned it over @ 150K and it still runs strong/shifts hard, no leaks and a good solid all-around truck.

I can attest the motor is bullet-proof but I don't know about the mounts; I'm sure you can do it--go for it and good luck!

mister

my engine is 22 years old, and the vg30e spit out a 150psi cold-reading compression test across all cylinders after doing the head gaskets this winter.

that means my bores are in relatively good shape and the rings aren't leaky. not bad for a 22 year old piece o' iron!