HybridZ

Combining gauges...

Hotrodpez

I want to keep my interior as stock looking as possible. However, I want to run a boost gauge and a AFR gauge. The other stock gauges are staying. So I only have one hole (the old clock) and two gauges. What I want to try to do is make a dual gauge that will show both boost and AFR. Now I can either modify an aftermarket boost gauge and merge an aftermarket digital AFR gauge into it, or I can try to make a microcontroller that modifies the signals from a boost pressure sender and the O2 sensor to output signals that would work in a stock Oil press / water temp gauge, and then just relabel the gauge. Anybody ever open up a boost gauge? Is there room in there for the digital readout of a AFR gauge (I can re-solder the display to a ribbon cable and put the circuitry somewhere else) Or do you think it's possible to build a microcontroller to do what I suggested?

Or should I stop obsessing and just get a pillar gauge pod or mount it where the AC controls go.