HybridZ

Cylinder leak behind #6

75s30

I searched for about a good hour and couldn't find anything on this. It is probably out there though.

I am leaking coolant behind #6 on the passenger side of the car right above the tranny. It is leaking in-between the head and the block right where the gasket is... I also checked the hoses for the cooling system but no leaks. This depleted my over flow completely and has gone into my radiator too.

I ran the car for about 15 minutes today and started to leak coolant all over the driveway. I am not sure if has gone into my cylinders yet but it starts to leak as soon as the system builds pressure. But the car idles and drives perfectly fine. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or something like it. Thanks guys.

Recheck the short hose between the head and heater core. I had one develop porosity from rot that only leaked under high RPM. Visible inspection revealed tiny holes when streched, simulating expansion at high pressure. I once had this hose burst during rev through gears.

Also suspected head gasket failure and later determined this hose failed.

Recheck the short hose between the head and heater core. I had one develop porosity from rot that only leaked under high RPM. Visible inspection revealed tiny holes when streched, simulating expansion at high pressure. I once had this hose burst during rev through gears.

Also suspected head gasket failure and later determined this hose failed.

Dapiper,

I checked that hose specifically but it's leaking onto the tranny but I can actually see the. Coolant leak out from the cylinder head and block. I was thinking it might have been the head gasket.... Like you said too but my cooling system is pressurizing. I thank you for your help I just. Need some answers before I rip my head off. Thanks again man.

Have you done a compression test on they cylinders yet? Leak down perhaps? It might not be HG related, but it'd be nice eliminate the possibility.

Blue72,

I haven't done a compresion test on the cylinders yet. I plan on doing it sooner or later. But, there is a possiblity that it might not be HG related but it is a very big chance that it is. My girlfriends dad is a auto technician and help me run some diagnostics over the phone. But if the block is cracked or if the head is I might just give up on my ol' L28.... And start my next project. Thanks for the input though. No one has had this problem though?