HybridZ

i need a recipe

blueking

im interested in making my zx non turbo coupe into a cheap drifter car

last time i checked the 280 2nd gen has around 130ish hp

i want this car to also be a decent highway car(60-100mph races)

im thinking id be more then happy with 170-190hpand i don't care for turbos

currently i have a 10lb nos dry system a friend gave me from his old wrecked car

im planning on putting on Tokico hp shocks all around and they cost 350+ship (good idea?)

im also planning on putting a bigger sway bar in and eventually both front and rear strut bar

as for hp im the tradtion cone filter but im going to have 2 on and there going to be 4" long so im hoping for 10hp(is that accurate?)

and im getting a 2.5"exhaust tplus header then im going to get the Canadian mph swap(maybe 20hp?)

is that really going to get me 30hp or am i just lying to myself haha

and then im going to get a 2nd ecu and have it tuned for power im hoping that that will be enough to reach my 170-190hp goal before spray

is all of this logical?

im interested in making my zx non turbo coupe into a cheap drifter car

What you want to do is take what was designed as a grand touring car, and make it behave like a sports car, and do it for cheap. But the thing is, it can't be done. As was said, the 240SX is a much better car. The 280zx is a great car. But its suspension is all wrong for drifting. Far too soft. consider also that every suspension bushing in a totally stock car will be at least 25 years old.

The 280zx can be turned into a drift car. But it cannot be turned into a drift car for cheaply. A far better plan would be to select a chassis that is already good for drifting, such as the 240SX.

As for a good highway car, a 280ZX is a fabulous highway cruiser, since that is what a GT car is supposed to do. Don't mean to shoot you down or anything, but rigging a 280ZX to drift is a fairly monumental task, involving a total rebuild of the suspension system, a limited slip diff that will mate up to 280zx stub axles, or a lot of fabrication to make your own.

i found several parts suspension wise for a decent price

all and all i found an entire suspension set up for under a grand including shocks springs cambers

i bought this zx for 500 from a guy that owned a Datsun(at the time) dealership and he had his guys working it all day sadly though his wife had decided to drive it to work one day and got into a wreck

me and my dad enjoy bodywork and we got a new hood and bumper with mount for 100 and assembled it there is no slack in the steering but has fair amount of roll which as far as i learned can be corrected by more responsive struts and stiffening the chasis

i guess i should have went out asking which is the best for the price

as in is the illumina worth the extra money if its not going to be an everyday vehicle is the hp responsive or is there another brand should i be looking at suspention wise

as for hp i want a little more who makes the best exhaust do i get more power from adding bigger injectors with the zx?

or should i rebuild the head and add tighter rings on the pistons

do you get a better curve putting it forged pistons or a aggressive cam

is redoing the ecu worth it on the l28

basically i wanted the best bang for the buck engine wise im sorry i didn't make that clear and who make the best suspension parts

is all of this logical?

No.

basically i wanted the best bang for the buck engine wise im sorry i didn't make that clear and who make the best suspension parts

And if you want intelligent/readable responses, try to write with sentences... and one sentence for each subject.

Basically I want the best bang for the buck engine wise. Im sorry i didn't make that clear.

Also, who make the best suspension parts? Specifically, _____, _______, and ________?

Thanks