HybridZ

August 10 Propane Facility Explosions

Careless

Yeah it was pretty bad. The damage is in the 10's of millions and no one knows why there were two gentlemen in the complex at 3:30 in the morning.

My friend said he just got home from the 24-hour supermarket, and as he swung his fridge door closed and sat down to eat something, it was as if the fridge just fell right to the floor behind him.

It's one thing to hear it or feel it, but to see it! WOWZERS

Saw the pics today. really something. Stories on CBC were all about why the facility was located near a residential neighborhood. Both fed and prov govts are tap dancing on this one.....

Yeah like the residents that lived close by didn't notice a facility with a lot of tanks sitting on the property. :icon56:

Nobody ever questions why until after something happens.

The outcome obviously wasn't that bad, no residents were injured, even with such a large explosion, no reports of damage to any adjacent properties.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a 'buffer zone' surrounding such facilities, but oh the drama is surely being brought out on this one.

According to the news this morning there were 60 injuries, but didn't mention how directly related they were to the explosion.

I know on Sunday they reported one injury that was a twisted ankle, when someone was evacuating thier home. I would suspect these other 59 injuries to be the same cause.

There was a body found on the property of the propane facilities, which means it was either an employee, or an arsonist, that if that's the case, he deserved it.

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_072307_oilrefineryfire.a4c3c5b1.html

This was 3 blocks north of my house. There are homes around it because they were built at a later date.

Now the city won't let them rebuild because the grandfathering has changed. As a side note, I was at our wherehouse all day, which is in some of the viedos, just second building over. The fire started about an hour after I had left.

I was very glad that the BIG storage tanks did not let go!!!! That was one inpressive fire, lots of big mushroom clouds!