HybridZ

Attn Matt Cramer & COP experts

Nismo280zEd

Just wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly since I can't find a whole lot of people running what I am.

As mentioned before running OEM beru porsche coil packs.

(this is a 911 Porsche btw)

We are planning on running wasted spark with the COP.

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm#2coils

Via the website we have purchased 6 drivers and we have purchased the new BIP drivers from DIYautotune. the website said you can not run 2 coils off one driver, so we have 6 drivers and 6 cop. I'm going to radio shack today and buying 660ohm resistors among other things for a side project, just wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly since we are trying to run wasted spark (IE two coils firing at once) or since we already have 6 drivers am I better off trying to do sequential?

Running MSnSE off the V3 board (MS 1 not MS2) I think code version 029? I loaded up the code late last year I believe.

We are using a 36:1 trigger wheel that was actually machined into the damper that came with it's own sensor.

Looking forward to firing this thing up next weekend.

Thanks for looking,

-Ed

If you are going to do barometric correction via the mapdaddy sensor or adding a second sensor, your option of sequential spark is moot as bara shares one or two outputs that the extra spark does.

Also, sequential would need a cam signal - not just the 36-1 signal machined on your dampner.

but MS1 only supports up to 4 coil drivers

I don't think that is true. If you look at 029y4 or 029y5 you can select spark outputs A,B,C,D,E and F. So MSI extra looks like it supports up to 6 coil drivers. Of course you still have to add all the supporting hardware circuitry.

Nismo:

Nothing at all uncharted - simply use spark A,B & C outputs according to the directions and set up for wasted spark.

You need to have a cam signal to use all 6 outputs in sequential mode - your 36-1 wheel isn't enough...

See - nothing to it!

lol thanks man... we'll see how easy it is this weekend lol.