HybridZ

12V at the Coil using MSD 6A?

datzun240

I setup my MSnS awhile ago and then I was unable to drive my car for awhile. I got my car to start and run but then randomly the other day it wouldn't start. I'm not getting any spark from the coil to the dizzy and I'm trying to narrow down what is wrong. I can't remember for the life of me if I'm supposed to have 12V at the coil when using an MSD 6A box. I'm running the internal CAS on an L28ET and have verified that my MSD box is working. My injectors are firing and I think the problem is related to my CAS.

Does anyone know if I'm supposed to have 12V at the coil when using a MSD 6A? Thanks in advance for any information.

the msd 6a has a pair of wires taht go direct to the coil and nothing else should be connected to the coil, the white wire should go the the ignition out on the MS and of course the MSD box has constant, switched and ground as well as a tach output, be sure your switched power to the MSD box is hot while cranking

Car was running well at a certain point before I stopped driving it for awhile. I am not getting any spark when I pull the wire from the dizzy to the coil and try to arc it while cranking. The weird thing is that while it won't arc while cranking, when I initially switch the car into the on position, it will arc. Anyone have any ideas about that.

Thanks for the response above, I double checked that tonight and its setup as you said. Thanks again for the help and thanks in advance for any additional insight.

When you open up megatune do you get a rpm signal?? If you do then your CAS should be working. If not then you found your culprit.

Megatune shows everything is ok thus far. Checked my settings for fuel and spark, nothing out of the ordinary. Still trying to figure out what is going on.

My setup with the MSD box is good. I checked and rechecked it and tested out the MSD box using the white wire. I attached screen shots of my settings. I'm going to pull the dizzy tomorrow and try to get a spark manually.

I'll better explain the mysterious arc from the coil wire to a ground. I was trying to see if I could get a spark from the coil wire to a ground and so I put it near the ground and even before I crank the engine over (just putting the car into the ON position) there is a single spark that jumps. But when I crank the car over, nothing. It only happens when I first put the car into the on position. Anyone have any idea what that means? thanks in advance again and for all the input.

ignition_thumb.jpg

mainsetting_thumb.jpg

enrich_thumb.jpg

constants_thumb.jpg

VEtable_thumb.jpg