HybridZ

Air Conditioning!!!

I'm trying to find a full a/c setup for my 76 280z. The original was taken out before I bought it. I found one on the zstore.com but it is only for zs that did not come with a/c. I'm putting a ls1 02 Camaro motor in and I wanted to do the a/c at the same time. What is the best route to go?

Cale.

Vintage Air is probably the best way to go. It gets rid of all the slides and vacuum stuff. The cost to refurb the original Datsun parts is almost as much as buying a complete Vintage Air unit. Search on Vintage Air and you'll get all sorts of good information.

I'd third or fourth Vintage Air. It's not cheap, but very good quality. And the darn thing blows lots of cold air. If you choose VA, get the compac not the mini....some guys on this forum run the mini, but the VA guy told me it has to work too hard to cool even a Z cabin. Compac fits nicely, with a little work, and has got all the capacity you'll ever need.

I have the mini in my car and it will get you buy, but it doesn't seem to be the compressor, condensor combination, but the fan. It really doesn't blow that hard. If the vents were better on a z it maybe more effective.

Then again, this is in Phoenix, Arizona at 110 degrees in the middle of summer. The whole skin of the car is painful to touch if its been sitting in the sun.