HybridZ

replace timeing belt wont start????

300zxcoupe245

i replace the timeing belt,then i try to start it up ,it turns over but dont start,then backfires a little bit?????I had it at tdc 1 then got the belt off aline all the timeing marks just right:?:and replace spark plugs,what am i missing..???is it out off time.i was thinking maybe connection somewhere...im not sure.

Definitely check all of your connectors and make sure your vacuum system was all hooked up correctly. Just go through everything one by one because I know how much of a cluster that engine is and just looking quickly over everything you are bound to miss the problem.

• 1 month later...

First off, you made sure the timing was done correctly with the lowest sprocket aligned with the notch on the oil pump?

If so, move on to checking the CAS (Crank Angle Sensor). The 10mm bolt should be in the middle.

Also, check your routing to your coilpack to make sure you didn't swap coilpack connectors by accident. It happens, trust me.

Got fuel pressure?

Also, I would do a simple ECU diagnostic as well when you get the chance to get it up and running.

• 5 months later...