HybridZ

will these koni's work for a early 260z?

I have a early 260z and found these koni red's i was thinkin about buying... part #8641-1036 9012. I'm wanting to do a coil over setup in the future...can these be used on a coil over setup??? I dont have a problem with sectioning the strut tubes or anything but i dont want to buy shocks now only to have to buy different ones when i go with coil overs...

I've searched for hours for an answer and haven't found one so hopefully i can get some help on this subject! Thanks

I don't know what application that shock is for. Here are some general 240Z shock dimensions that can help you figure it out:

1. Travel: 5 to 6"

2. Shock body OD: 1.70" or less.

3. Shock body length: 12" to 14"

That still doesn't help with valving.

just was told there was a typo and the part numbers are 8641 1034...i'm told they are fully adjustable (dual adjustment??) used but with less than 2k on them...good rebound, no leaks yadda yadda...would this be a good buy for a couple hundred for a set of 4???? wisdom is seeked!!!

For 1970 240Z to early 1974 260Z. The correct part numbers are 8641-1031 front and 8641-1032 rear. I have no idea what that number you have is for.

I paid $430.00 for all four. And that was 15 years ago. They still work like the day I put them in.

well i havent bought them yet...and somewhere on here there is a write-up on how the 280z koni's inserts will work in a 240z style strut housing...i read it somewhere but cant find it again...but my plans are to section the struts and add a adjustable coil-over kit to the struts....I just dont wanna buy these things if they wont work with the type of setup im trying to end up with(when the pockets are finally deep enough)

haha i pmed him dayyyys ago....i actually bought the set of hps with red sprins too :) lol but yes they are going to a good home...my shell...and g/fs 1st car...a 77 280z with nooo rust and pearl white paint (prev owner was restoring) for 750 :o but the easiest way to adapt is just buy the rear shocks tube/spindles/ full rear suspension from a 280z that way you get the r200 also :)