HybridZ

driveshaft

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i was in the process of removing my driveshaft and was trying to figure a way to get the bolts to take it off,but realized that i couldnt figure out a way to get to them. then i thought about taking that crossmember off but that is holding the diff. up isnt it?

• 3 weeks later...

Yep I pulled my drive shaft yesterday trying to get the car ready "prepped" for my V-8 (which I sadly do not have right now)

The bolts are real som-biat$%@# to get at and it didn't help that I was laying flat of my back with the 14mm open end wrench just an inch from my face as I tried to get to the nuts!

I even tried to come in from the back side by using a long extension and a socket but that didn't work.

I was afriad to unbolt anything that was in the way (except the exhaust pipe) because I didn't want to crush my head or chest with a suddenly falling rear diff! Man that would put your day on hold for a while. Anyway sorry for the long story but I did get it out with a little patience and swearing icon_mad.gif

Good luck

to remove the driveshaft more easily... you must remove the rear counter weight, and the rear sway bar. from there you should be able to get an open end wrench in on the bottom two driveshaft bolts..

If they are still too tight.... then break out the air hammer and give them a few good whacks and see if they are more cooperative. if the doesnt work, grab your dremel, and buy some replacement bolts and nuts....

ive had to remove my driveshaft 4-5 times in the past 4 months, and that is the way i do it...