HybridZ

Msa Vs Jtr Hood Latch

Miles

I am starting another 240 V8 swap. Is there any difference between the JTR and the MSA hood latch bracket design? I heard somewhere that the MSA hood latch moves it towards the driver's side. True/false?

In my research I see that one member simply moved his stock bracket towards the driver's side a few inches. It looks like a good approach and would save some money too. With this approach I would try to move the latch about 1 inch more.

Thanks

Miles

Miles, I cannot comment on the MSA design, but the JTR bracket keeps it centered, as you probably know, and it replaces the stock base mounting bracket with an "L-shaped" bracket. I wonder if just using a distributor with a smaller diameter (something smaller than an HEI) would just simply create enough room that one would not have to modify the stock bracket at all?? There are other alternatives as well. I think Pete (?) moved the whole stock assembly to once side to clear the distributor. I suppose it depends on how much work you want to do to that assembly.

Davy