HybridZ

Bay Area traffic - FastTrak?

Pete84

I am going to go and pick a friend up from the San Francisco airport Friday, then take him over to Sacramento. I will be getting onto I-80 from I-505 around 3pm, and can't wait for the traffic :roll:

Is it worth it to get a FastTrak tag? What costs are involved? I looked at their website and it does not give any specifics. I would have to get the tag on the way down, there are two Safeways in Vallejo that are listed as retailers.

Thoughts? I REALLY hate idling forward in the toll lanes, more so in heavy traffic.

If you aren't doing it on a regular basis, it's not worth the hassle IMO.

Leave earlier, and pray...

Or call 'Supershuttle' and send your bud off with them, and a bottle of Bud for the ride (put it in a vernor's ginger ale 2-liter bottle, they will never know!)

He's happy, you don't deal with traffic both ways, and if he missed the flight, Supershuttle is the recourse!

Win, Win, WIN!

;^)

The Fastrak price is basically about $40(?) or $75(?) per billing (sorry, I can't remember exactly), regardless of how many times you go across the bridge(s). You can have it bill your credit card automatically if you want to. For a one time deal, I would not do it, but if you are a regular toll user, those lanes become VERY nice to be in during the morning commute. I would do the Dumbarton Bridge every morning and never once regretted the Fastrak transponder.

Davy