HybridZ

JZ Cooling Issues

tonycharger72

Just curious - but anyone who has done the 1jz/2jz conversion had any issues keeping the engine cool?

Just heard a few stories that the earlier 1jz non-vvti motor has some cooling issues once the stock engine fan is removed in favour of thermos, just interested to hear some first hand accounts of Zed folks who have done a JZ conversion and if anyone has had issues keeping the motor cool???

Interested to hear what sort of setups you are running as well, size of intercooler, A/C, thermos, what radiator...........etc.............etc

my 1jz never ran hot when it was in my Mk3 Supra. I don't think it will be a problem in my z either, because their is even more airflow through the front of the car than their was on my z. I think as long as you have an upgraded radiator and a high cfm fan, then you should be fine.

I never heard of anyone having cooling issues in a z, i have heard about issues in the 240sx, but like already said, there is way more air travel in a z than most cars..Plus the z already has a 3 core rad..A nice and clean stock 3 core z rad should work fine..