HybridZ

Throttle body question?

I have searched around and cannot find anything about this problem. Ok, I have a january 1979 s130 2 seater manual car, so it can be a little different from other s130's, but I found a disconnected vaccum nipple on the bottom part of my throttle body, and wondered what it was, and what vaccum line is supposed to connect to it. Is it the Throttle valve switch?

I'd download a copy of the '79 FSM from XenonS130 and check out sections EC, EF, and ET. Page ET-10 would probably be the best starting point, as it has the vacuum diagrams.

OTOH, if that's your manifold pictured, it may not as the manual only shows 2 small vacuum fittings on the throttle body and that TB seems to have 3. One should go through a tee to the distributor advance and the carbon canister, the other should go through the TVV etc. assuming it's a North American car. A Canadian model would have another tee in place of the BPT, the third side of which would lead to the air regulator at/near the connection for the FICD actuator.

If any of those devices are missing, you're on your own: the emissions devices were almost completely different by '83, and I have a California model to boot.

• 5 weeks later...

So i looked at the diagrams and traced both lines, 24 and 25 and they went to where they were supposed to go accept for 24 which went from the carbon cannister to a T and went to the distributer and to a vaccum line on the brake booster. Is the vaccum line on the brake booster supposed to connect to the nipple on the throttlebody?

• 1 month later...

So after playing around with the throttle body and vaccum diagrams, I still am not sure what to do. On other cars, i dont see a secondary vaccum line going from a t at the brake booster hose to the T at the distributer. In the diagram, it shows the carbon canister, the vaccum advance, and the throttle chamber nipple the only ones t'ed together. Does anyone just have a picture of their stock setup at the throttle chamber?