HybridZ

What is a plastic MAF made of?

jerryb

Does anyne know if a plastic NISSAN MAF is made of ABS? I want to modify the flange at one end by cutting it off and glueing a new section in its place. If its ABS I will use pipe glue to join the pieces.

Im trying to remove the end with the 4 bolt holes and replace it with a piece that will slip into a silicone coupler....just like the opposite end. My setup is blow through and the flat coupling plate is ugly but more importantly in the way.

Any ideas?

Pssst, Jerry, The MAF is made of, are you ready for this? It's...it's plastic. :P;)

Seriously though I have some glue that is a CA based glue (Cyanoacrylic) that seems to glue anything to anything, including youself to..umm yourself. :lol:

How soon do you need/want this to be done? I can bring the glue with me when I come your way next, just not sure when exactly that will be.

Anytime Chris. I will try it on the spare MAF I demo'd. If it works it will be on the Z next spring.

I promise not to glue my fingers together!

Thanx man!

Pssst, Jerry, The MAF is made of, are you ready for this? It's...it's plastic. :P;)

Seriously though I have some glue that is a CA based glue (Cyanoacrylic) that seems to glue anything to anything, including youself to..umm yourself. :lol:

How soon do you need/want this to be done? I can bring the glue with me when I come your way next, just not sure when exactly that will be.

Oh man, be careful with strong CA glue. I used to be into RC trucks a lot and used that for gluing the tire beads to the rim. The thin kind would drip over and capillary action would draw it in between your fingers and cure within 10 seconds. The only way you knew something was going on was the burning heat that the glue made when it cured, but by then it was too late :shock:

What do you mean before it was too late????????

You were glued to yourself or had a chemical burn?

Oh man, be careful with strong CA glue. I used to be into RC trucks a lot and used that for gluing the tire beads to the rim. The thin kind would drip over and capillary action would draw it in between your fingers and cure within 10 seconds. The only way you knew something was going on was the burning heat that the glue made when it cured, but by then it was too late :shock: