HybridZ

Suspension Replacement/Upgrade- Culminating Project

Ill need a 5-6mm spacer to clear up front but the back will be fine. I may experiement later with spacers to see how far out I can get them where they wont rub.

As far sectioning, Im not lowering it enough to need it. If I lower it any more than I am now I will definetly look into it but I doubt I ever will.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Ill need a 5-6mm spacer to clear up front but the back will be fine. I may experiement later with spacers to see how far out I can get them where they wont rub.

As far sectioning, Im not lowering it enough to need it. If I lower it any more than I am now I will definetly look into it but I doubt I ever will.

Ok let me know how it goes. I only ever use my Zed for cross-county (read county not country.. hehe) driving and never plan to drag or auto-x so I was hoping the Tokico Strut/Spring package would be the way to go.

I've read a lot of people sectioning struts with that specific package but I figured it might be because they were optimizing for auto-x/track. I need to read some more, I suppose.

Have you gotten the RB-R's on there yet with the new ride height?

:lmao:

It's more common that you'd think! :)

I have owned three s30's for close to a year and it wans't until about a week ago that I got to see under the hood of a running one in person. Still haven't ever driven one, let alone mine!

Needless to say, my engine has had a full rebuild and is going back in the car tomorrow or next weekend depending on how quickly I can get the last of the parts I need.

Derek, everything is looking great!

Luckily, all of this (save for the rear disk breaks) had been done to my shell right before I got it :D

We live close enough together that we should get some kind of Z meet together this summer!

It's more common that you'd think! :)

I have owned three s30's for close to a year and it wans't until about a week ago that I got to see under the hood of a running one in person. Still haven't ever driven one, let alone mine!

Needless to say, my engine has had a full rebuild and is going back in the car tomorrow or next weekend depending on how quickly I can get the last of the parts I need.

Haha, well be prepared to smile man. :mrgreen: Luckily, I was driving my 260Z less than a month after I bought it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey even I have never driven my Z before!!! I bought everything in pieces ....something like a huge frustrating jigsaw puzzle :) The Car was refreshed a few years ago...so I am going to start removing the the suspension to see what i need to do! I'm now wondering to see if any of this was done by the previous owner (any tell tales?) also what's the difference between the MSA kits and the energy suspension kits...MSA is $10 cheaper but i have heard great reviews about energy suspension. Does MSA make their own or do they see the energy suspension ones?

Hey even I have never driven my Z before!!! I bought everything in pieces ....something like a huge frustrating jigsaw puzzle :) The Car was refreshed a few years ago...so I am going to start removing the the suspension to see what i need to do! I'm now wondering to see if any of this was done by the previous owner (any tell tales?) also what's the difference between the MSA kits and the energy suspension kits...MSA is $10 cheaper but i have heard great reviews about energy suspension. Does MSA make their own or do they see the energy suspension ones?

MSA probably uses the Energy kit. They rarely have stuff that's directly made in-house. That certainly doesn't mean that their stuff is of a lower quality however. I bought my kit from Modern Motorsports though, because I liked their rear brake disc conversion.

I've bought some stuff from MSA that was sold as "MSA" but was actually made by a differant, excellent company. The roll bar was made by AutoPower. I doubt if MSA actually makes anything. They might have some stuff build to their specifictions with the MSA name on it. If you call MSA and talk to a sales tech, they will tell you what you want to know. I have asked them questions about stuff and they have been able to find things not listed or listed incorrectly. Unlike a few other places, MSA is not in business to screw us.

In my research to buy polyurethane bushings, I found that there is not very many companies make this product, only two or three major companies with Energy Suspenssion being one. All the other 20 or 30 are actually made by one of these few with a differant name.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...