HybridZ

crush value

fhptom

I am reconsidering about what to do with the 77 280 that I picked up last year. Just wondering what other people have gotten for scrap now that metal prices have gone up. Do most places want the car stripped out or will they take it whole. Do they then discount off what they think the non metal parts might weigh and give money accordingly. I paid less than $500 and would like to get close to my money back.

Tom

Mechanically the car is OK, runs,shifts, stops. All the basics for a car to move. After getting the car up on stands and really digging around the under body is in need of a lot of work, pans & frame rails. Every body panel had some rust issue that needed sheet metal cut out and new put in.

Need to spend more time on the track car along with all my other chores.

Someone could save the car I feel it is just not going to be me. I know there is more money to be had by parting it out or rebuilding but I am at a point where I need to call it quits or go at it full steam.

Pics are under member photos. It is the wine red 280.

Tom

I know that I got about 250-300 when I scrap datsuns. I strip the interior, restore the dashes, sell bits off the motor and leave the block/head as its usally not worth pulling them. Last year I made abour 5000 off ebay/hybridz/zcar selling parts and then scraping the shells. I parted 3 cars last year just so you know what it takes to make those kind of funds. It just takes time.