HybridZ

GTR Smash um up!!!

dsommer

haha like my Auzzie mate says and i qoute: Skylines are like cheap skanks, they put out like a frog in a sock, but are as classy as a cheap roadsidewhore..

I guess it is all a matter where you are from, here in holland the tend to get bought by the wrong crowd too .. though most are rebadged GTS's and GTT's

ROFLROFL, Ah that made my day, the mentality over here is just "money is power" people have big wallets but little brains in the way of passion....people buy skylines because they are cheap, powerful, and parts are easy to come by for repair or modification, require little work to make them powerhouses...

Even got to the point a while ago where I considered RB'ing my 240z but...its like, you have a supreme hate for something, mine being the skyline, yet I want its engine in my car? just seems sort of hypocritical you know

Yeah sadly alot of the cases over here tend to be Re-badging as well, not just with Skylines but every form of import, most common one is the good ol Evo, walking back to my car the other day. saw a pink Lancer GLi pulling out of the carpark, fart can, stupid evo headlights with "evolution X" on the back of it, chick was typical major headcase.

Ah well guess you cant win them all.

ROFLROFL, Ah that made my day, the mentality over here is just "money is power" people have big wallets but little brains in the way of passion....people buy skylines because they are cheap, powerful, and parts are easy to come by for repair or modification, require little work to make them powerhouses...

Even got to the point a while ago where I considered RB'ing my 240z but...its like, you have a supreme hate for something, mine being the skyline, yet I want its engine in my car? just seems sort of hypocritical you know

Yeah sadly alot of the cases over here tend to be Re-badging as well, not just with Skylines but every form of import, most common one is the good ol Evo, walking back to my car the other day. saw a pink Lancer GLi pulling out of the carpark, fart can, stupid evo headlights with "evolution X" on the back of it, chick was typical major headcase.

Ah well guess you cant win them all.

Sounds like austrailian rice to me!

Guest hammer_down

Well, I am one of the lucky few to have a 1989 R32 GTS-t in the states. No, it's not the GTR but I still like it. I haven't even considered being a poser and rebadging it as a GTR. Though I might switch to the GTR hood and grill. I like the look better than the GTS beak. I recently swapped out the slush box for a manual and while I was at it, upgraded to the RB25DET at the same time. I don't drive like a moron but not like a weenie either. I commute with this car every day. It is a nice driving car regardless of the bad rap they seem to be getting here. I like the ride and performace much better than my friend's 1988 M3. Nissan should have brought this car to the states and elsewhere... Not only our loss but theirs too. I love averything about the car. The look, the ride, the handling, the highway cruise-a-bility and of course the power. I think you can get in trouble in any car, even the woeful Toyota Prius (Blech) if you drive like a freaking moron. Let's look at the write ups that the magazines are putting out about the GTR's performance and ease to drive fast. They are stating, over and over again, that "even a novice can drive like a pro and turn fast lap times in this car"... that is an invite to have every moron that has a big enough wallet to try it. I have no doubt that the new GTR is in fact a wonderful peice of engineering and technology. I myself wouldn't mind having one if the price was a wee bit more reasonable. :) The brutal styling is growning on me. No matter how awesome the driving aides are, if you don't understand the limits of yourself, let alone the vehicle, you are going to risk finding yourself off the road. Look at F1 cars and their drivers. That is soem of the most sophisticated high dollar driving aid technology ont he planet and those guys are wadding them up too if they drive too long ont he knife edge. A local gal out here in the eastern WA desert just bought one. Titanium paint color. Looks nice. She paid $26k or something like that, over retail from Performance Nissan in Everett.... that is $96k..... Crimony. She did get the premium service package though. They bring her a loaner car on a covered car hauler (240 miles away) and take her car away for service.... Last loaner was a Nismo 350Z... Not bad. And as a side, I will be putting the RB20DEt that came out of my R32 into the my 1970 240Z sometime soon.... Drive what you like, not what other's like.... sorry if there are any gramerical or spelling errors...

E in dry part of WA

I too have wondered why Nissan did not brink the Skyline series to the US. Sure, would have taken some work to adapt to LHD, smog, and crash certify, but would have really enhanced the brand IMHO.

Mind if I ask, but how difficult is it owning that GTS? Registration? Insurance? I presume it has been VINed already, so that must make things a good bit easier.

[nice read]

Rebadging was simply subtopic.

The point I was trying to put across is, look at those pictures, the question being is how did those nuGTRs recieve such brutal totality?

Bad weather conditions? evading a traffic hazard? grip issues? or drivers thinking they could put it down and be in control?

The latter is what I was trying to get across, people with power, dont know how to use it. I havent seen the R35 (if thats what their official identification number validates them as) in Australia yet, have seen plenty of those 350GT Skylines though...anyone got any more totalled skyline pics? its a rainy day and I need cheering up rofl