HybridZ

Borg Warner S360 + E85 results

Booztd 3

Guys

I had an opportunity from Borg Warner Turbo Systems to try out a smaller turbo than the current 74mm Garrett I was running.

In order to gain a wider powerband, I stepped down to a 60mm inducer model...The goal was to match my current pump gas rwhp with a much better response time.

I spent a few weeks getting the car ironed out and running on the new turbo, and then getting it to run and drive on E85.

Friday, I got a chance to head up to Sound Performance for the tune. Normally I do all my own tuning on the car, but I dont know alot about E85, so I figured I would give them a shot at it.

I dont have the dyno chart, I tried to scan it several times, but my scanner is being a dick......The video lays it out pretty well though

My previous 555rwhp dyno runs were performed on a dyno jet 210. Sound Performance uses a Mustang Dyno

The car is a F*($ing blast to drive on the street now.....Hats off to SP, everyone was really nice, and they were truley impressed with the car, which is an oddity, due to the fact they had probably 1.5 milliion in cars sitting around up there..

Also got some props from the infamous supra street racer 'marco' He was up there fiddlejacking with his V12 Twin Turbo AMG Benz........

Some Pics

DSC02927.JPG

DSC02928.JPG

DSC02929.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

DSC02933.JPG

DSC02934.JPG

1000+rwhp 350Z

DSC02935.JPG

Peace

Has the power band moved down the RPM range much? Wondering if your torque converter is still optimal for your new turbo.

Which is awesome! E85 really is great !!!! 530/430 is pretty darn good!

So that TT V12 AMG, is it in a Supra or Benz? Saw an article on a [iirc] French guy who put a quad turbo V12 AMG motor into a Skyline. Kinda like two RB26s stuck together.

The TT v12 is the benz........car looks stock on the outside........I dont think he's tinkered with supras for a long time

Regarding the power, I got rid of the TH400 a little while back and went back to 5spd. Its much more fun to drive this way, especially now that the turbo is considerably more responsive

My powerband shifted greatly, I was examining the graphs tonight, here's a comparison

74mm turbo

@ 5100 rpms = 210rwhp/220rwtq

60mm turbo

@ 5100 rpms = 380rwhp/380rwtq

Has the power band moved down the RPM range much? Wondering if your torque converter is still optimal for your new turbo.

Which is awesome! E85 really is great !!!! 530/430 is pretty darn good!

So that TT V12 AMG, is it in a Supra or Benz? Saw an article on a [iirc] French guy who put a quad turbo V12 AMG motor into a Skyline. Kinda like two RB26s stuck together.

I didn't know the digital chips v12 quad gtr was an amg engine. i saw no indication of where it cam from, i figured they did some R&D and custom casting of somesort, seeing as the thing made 1200hp i figured they'd be able to do so with the money needed to get there.

Boozt3d, I'm glad you can enjoy the car on the street now. it's too nice and street-like and too cool to be a dyno queen or strictly drag. now that it's more comfortable and easier to scoot around in, i'll be you'll be concentrating on other things to make it more "weekend track"

flaunt it, damnit!

I may undertake the project this winter of trying to get power steering on it, and get an actual sway bar on it, that would make the car 10x better, haha

I would also like to get a set of semi-sticky tires on some new wheels. My wheels are rather dated (like 4 years old) and some new good looking wheels would be sweet!