HybridZ

Can I fit 225/70R15 on rear of 280zx?

I have 255/16/45 on the rear of my car.

Using 16 x 8 S14 Silvia rims and spacers for correct offset.

I have lowered it 40mm wich gives extra room from mad negative camber.

I would say 225 would fit the width, but 70 profile seems rather large to me. What is the rolling diameter?

What is the rolling diameter?

According to the chart I use the diameter is 27.4". I know that is tall, but with my gearing in the 727TF I need a tall tire. I was just wondering if I could stuff them in there. Thanks for all of the info!!

The 280Z Fairlady (JDM 280ZX) sitting in my hayshed has 225/60R15's on it now, with about 5mm between the stock suspension and the sidewall.

I know the width will clear because the 60 and 70 series are both 8.9 inches wide, but how much clearance do you have from the top of the tire to the fender well? The 70 series is about 1.8 inches taller. Thanks for the info!!

I'll run a tape measure through the wheel well to check vertical clearance later today when I'm passing the shed, it's 3 Km from the house up a side valley at the far end of the farm :P so I can't just pop out and have a look like if it were in the garage workshop :D

I ran a tape measure from the top of the tire to the roof of the wheel well, looks to be about 8 or so inches clearance, out at the outside edge of the well it drops in to about 5 inches but looking at the suspension geometry it looks like the tire will come up inside that.

You should be fine slapping the 70 section tires in, if nothing else if theres rub on the top you can slap on some taller bump stops.