HybridZ

Bought a new Z after waiting 4 years

Mauisnow13

I started looking for a Z32 about 4 years ago. At first I wanted an N/A. After a year and a half of searching, I somehow came along my Porsche 944 and decided to get it due to the fairly decent deal.

I had that car for about a year and a half or so, while in the meantime I bought a 240z with an L26 in it. Bought an L28et to drop in (which is now for sale) but ended up selling the car instead due largely to repairs needed on the rear panels.

I sold my 944 to get some more money to buy a Z. At first I wanted a turbo s30 and was looking for a long time, but the 300zx always lingered in my head. I couldn't escape it. So, I decided to cure my obsession and buy a Twin Turbo. After looking for a while, and a couple dissapointing roadtrips, I came across a 1991 Pearl White that I ended up buying.

I just got the Z back on Sunday, and haven't really had a proper photoshoot yet, but here are some pics. The car has 111k and the rebuilt engine only has 6k on it.

Sorry about the poor quality, cell phone pics

0927081449.jpg

0927081721.jpg

0927081722.jpg

0927081720.jpg

0930081639.jpg

0930081655.jpg

0930081700.jpg

0930081701.jpg

0930081701a.jpg

Pics from the Previous Owner

front2.jpg

front.jpg

interior.jpg

amps.jpg

rear2.jpg

subs.jpg

rear.jpg

I had a supper white 91 TT with 60,000 orig miles on it that I kick myself in the butt for selling. I bought it from a friend (orig owner) that made that car his obsession. It was so spotless, from being a garage queen, it was hard to let go. He took it to a Chevy dealer to trade on a new 4WD Blaizer, or something, and the dealer only offered $5,000 for it. He said F u and called me up and said I'm at the dealer, and this is what they offered me, so if you want it for the same, I'd rather you have it...

I drove it for about 1,000 mi in a year, then sold it for $15,500 :)

The front airdam broke. It is duct taped over the crack right now till I save up enough for my new front fascia. Ghetto, but it works. We zip tied it for the long drive also, just in case. I cut it off when we got home.

I love it so far. I need to get the test pipes tightened a bit, and need to replace some sensors. It's quick though, and a smooth ride.