HybridZ

New 280z owner. pics inside. please comment..

i found this 77 280z local on craigslist. guy needed to sell it.

i went to look at it and was suprised. cranked it and drove it onto the trailer.

frame rails are intact, body is extremely straight. only rust was under the trim under door, and some on the rear of the car.

i have removed all trim for these photo's. interior is in great shape also, all black.

car came with the rear window louver installed, but i took that off.

pics will be in next post. be patient. <--- dial up :(

any takers for engine and tranny? possibly complete rear suspension/axle assembly. after i get it running, i am tearing it all out and building a triagulated 4link with a narrowed 10bolt from a z28.

should be enough for this lil light ass car seing as it wont be launced too hard with only a 2500 stall. this is a street machine

thanks. im new to these cars. but have always loved them but could never find one worth the money. i never had alot to spend on the vehicle, i spent it all in the motor.

all the ones i found were over a grand and looked like ♥♥♥♥ and had no motors. this was a great find.

any takers for engine and tranny? possibly complete rear suspension/axle assembly. after i get it running, i am tearing it all out and building a triagulated 4link with a narrowed 10bolt from a z28.

should be enough for this lil light ass car seing as it wont be launced too hard with only a 2500 stall. this is a street machine

what part of texas are you in? I'm always looking for an extra motor and trans

i am within driving distance of mckinney,plano.

the engine/tranny will probably come out tomorrow. i will get pictures of it removed.

what is a decent price for this engine in running, but unknown condition. known good tranny.

also will come with all electronics, and atleast two extra computers, one for a 75 280.

and anything else i can find. will be pulling fuel tank today probably, will have that up for sell if not rusted.

should i make a post in classifieds? is there enough interest in stuff?

i have been doing research and looking like crazy.

i want to do a solid axle in this, and i have a nice set of 2002 camaro 10 spoke ss wheels.

i also have a extra s-10 rear axle with 4.10 gears. it is 54.5 inchs from hub to hub. add the 3.25 inches from the mounting surface of the wheel to the outside and you have 61 inchs give or take. my wheels that are on the z measure 66 inchs from outside to outside and they stick out of fenders a hair.

i have a feeling that the 2.5 inch inset will look ok if not i can put a spacer on each side. i want the wheels inset a lil because eventually i will put some nice aftermarket 17in wheels with a lip on them and this should be the perfect axle width. i will do a mini tub to clear the wheel/tire, ladder bars and a bar welded in the frame rails to mount either coil overs or hd air shocks and a track bar.

i will do a swap on the front to run the ss wheels up front.

i have never seen 10spoke ss wheels on a z car, but i imagine it iwll look sweet.