HybridZ

Custom stub shafts

John C

We need to design some NHRA legal stub axles to fit the 240 260 and 280.We seem to have the center section and half shafts more than covered with the r200,r230 setup.

I read an article about Jim Biondo using 31 spline C3 Corvette stub shafts.Does anyone have any links to sites? Specifications?Or any other ideas?

I don't want to stick a solid axle in just yet.

Thanks John C

I have an idea that I have been wanting to try.

I think we need adaptor like the JTR drivline

adaptors that bolt to the diff outputs and stub

shafts. Then you could use 1310 1/2 u joints and

make custom mini driveshafts with a slip shaft in

the center. I think it would work killer!

Guest needwaymorespeed

John I am almost finished with my soloution to this problem,Im going with the r230 center and shafts and making a custom rear knuckle to accept the r230 outboard cv joint with the r230 carrier and bearing.

Lookin at the outbaord cv joint of a r230 and comparing it to a 240,280 z stub axle makes you laugh the r230 is huge! this is also allowing me to run the stock 300 z rear brakes a nice little bonus complete with the e-brakes also.

Do a search for r230 and my name theres more detailed info posted earlier. need to get some pictures might be hard to visualize from my poor explanation

Curtis

Let me know how you guys make out with your conversions, I know they will be more than sufficient but....

I realy need a stub shaft that will pass my track's tech inspection.Thats why I must have an NHRA approved stub shaft. (Those guys are really tough on my car) I think it's because it makes the "race only" cars look bad compared to my little street legal Z.

John C