HybridZ

what is the thread size on outer tie rods

I believe it is 14 x 1.5. You could always go look.

Yep 14x1.5, I had a custom left-hand tap made, as it was not available anywhere. So one side is right hand threads, and one side is left hand threads, anybody know why there are left-hand threads? What would happen if you used right hand threads on both sides?

Yep 14x1.5, I had a custom left-hand tap made, as it was not available anywhere. So one side is right hand threads, and one side is left hand threads, anybody know why there are left-hand threads? What would happen if you used right hand threads on both sides?

I believe that lots of cars run RH on both sides. The only benefit I can see to running RH and LH is that you turn the wrenches in the same direction when you're under the car. Of course that can be confusing too.

About 5 years ago a friend of mine had their Z at a Discount Tire store and he called me telling me that they were selling him a new rack because they couldn't get the tie rod end loose to adjust the toe. The dumbass mechanic was pulling as hard as he could the wrong way on the LH thread side of the car! I had him tell the shop to stop working on it and take the car home, he had to use a torch a wrench and a BFH to get the nut loose, but he was able to do it, then we adjusted toe with a tape measure...