HybridZ

Z Car Source

Polarity

Hey guys sorry for repost but needed some info. Has anyone used Z Car Source for any work to their cars? The wife has decided that sending the ZX to a restoration shop would be best for both of us (wheel coming of the car while I was driving has her abit spooked). The rough quote without looking at the car was $30,000.

What I'd like to know is first, is this shop good? Is the work worth the money, and second do you know of any other shops like this that you would reccomend. If you know another shop, they must be willing to do a payment plan (even a pay as we work kinda plan), must be an all inclusive shop. Willing to do body/interior/wiring/engine/everything.

Thanks

-polarity

Car is a 280ZX with LT1/4l60e running. I want to keep that setup but probably go for a few upgrades while it's in. As for reasons, I just love the car. a ZX was the first car I ever bought (I was 16) and always had a great love for them. I would like to get it done for less, I was hoping $15k would get the result i was looking for. Still trying toshop around, just wanted to get some input from the community on where to go.

-polarity

^^^

Agreed, for $30K I'd consider something like thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Immaculate-1982-280ZX-21-000-Original-Miles-T-Tops_W0QQitemZ330277264286QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330277264286&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

and have a shop stick the LT1 in it.

If you're serious about spending that kind of money on a Z car you may want to consider more of an investment type car such as a low VIN number car, or a complete turn key V-8 car.

Interested in a original Scarab?

If you were going to a shop for that type of work who would you go to. I want a shop that if I drop it off when I get it back I have no doubts about the work done. I would also want someone who is willing to put work into it. I know you get what you pay for, but I also want someone who isn't going to charge me more than it's worth.

While it's in the shop I was hoping to have the lt1 rebuilt and possibly add a turbo.. When I get it back I expect everything to be working (lights, blinkers, wipers, speedo/tach/etc).

-polarity

^^^

Agreed, for $30K I'd consider something like thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Immaculate-1982-280ZX-21-000-Original-Miles-T-Tops_W0QQitemZ330277264286QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330277264286&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

and have a shop stick the LT1 in it.

If you're serious about spending that kind of money on a Z car you may want to consider more of an investment type car such as a low VIN number car, or a complete turn key V-8 car.

Interested in a original Scarab?

I recommend you:

1. Sit on it for a few months, do some research, then make a decision. I think it would be best if you rethought your end result if your hesitant about spending the money.

2. Do all the work yourself (If your car already has the LT1 the hard part is done), the rest will be fun.

3. Pay the money, no one is going to be cheap for what you want.

#1 is what you should consider, for now.