HybridZ

R230 Qs...

Mikelly

Guys I'm in the middle of horse trading over an R230 Differential. I need to know a few things first...

Will an R200 Drive Shaft Flange fit on the R230? Axles... What do I use? Or will I have to scrap my custom Drive Shaft??

What other tips do the experts have on this install???

Mike bonk.gif

Guest Anonymous

Will an R200 Drive Shaft Flange fit on the R230? Axles... What do I use? Or will I have to scrap my custom Drive Shaft??

Not sure what you are asking but R200 drive shaft flange will not fit R-230. If you can find one, get a drive shaft from a Q 45 and repalce the part that goes to the trans. Nice big diameter shaft. Good luck Mark

The driveshaft from an R200 will not work on the R230. As for axles, use the CV shafts from the Q45 since they are larger in diameter than their 300ZXTT counterparts as well.

Guest Anonymous

From my experience the 300ztt and the Q45 use the same diameter halfshaft and the same inner cv. The Q has longer halfshafts but either will need to be shortened. Mark

Guest Anonymous

Wow, I had no idea it was that much wider flange to flange (the R230 diff.), how short do those custom CV shafts end up being on each side. :eek: Looks like they'd be pretty short after seeing the two side by side and how short the R180 halfshafts are already. Nice photo for comparison BTW.

Regards,

Lone