HybridZ

MS1 V3 no spark or fuel

wickiewicked240z

Here the deal I have no spark an no fuel going thru the injectors

stock 81 l28et

83 turbo dizzy

and everything else wiring etc.is from the 240z.

MS1 v3 board with relay board wire for direct coil

(-) of coil to the S5 on relay

(+) of coil on fuel pump relay and fuel pump 12v.

I have the stock 83 dizzy

black-ground

green- to tach on relay also resistor wired to 12v switched

black with white stripe- (+) side of coil

also which is the fuel return line on the stock fuel rail? I have the returned line connected to the bottom line on the fuel rail that goes to the fuel regulator.

Im using mobys numbers for start up

I downloaded MS1 Extra 029y4

Also were do I look for audit log files.

I have looked on everysingle file on megasquirt in my computer but cant seem to find it.

thanks

any help would be really appreciated.

I have read most of the post on this site but I cant seem to get it running I have pictures and zip file

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

240zturbo2.zip

Take the distributor out and rotate it by hand, with the key on, while checking the voltage at the relay board's Tach terminal. It should go from 0 to 12 volts and back again. Let me know what you find.

Also, you might want to pull the fuel injector fuses when doing this test.

ok I just did that an I get 1.35volts thats with the (+) on tach terminal and (-) on ground on relay board with the multimeter. If I spin the dizzy with the hand and pull the plug wires I get spark but I don't think thats enough(weak spark) cause when I bolt up the dizzy again and try to start the engine there is no spark and the realtime RPM display does not show any rpm's I think the injectors are firing because I smell gas in the exhaust and the spark plugs smell like gas but they are not wet.

Could it be that I'm using the old stock 240z coil, but new 280zxt plugs and wires

no rpm on megasquirt gauge only when I spin the dizzy by hand but not while crancking. Well today I had the timing done as moby sticky 50-60 degrees then installed the dizzy until led 18 lights up. I will try to start the engine tomorrow see if that works since the battery on the z is going dead. do I have to put those 8ohm resisors for the 280zxt injectors to work?

I just went through my ecu to see if the setup im using is installed correctly and everything is OK. my megasquirt relay is connected 12+ to battery. relay ground to battery(-) and 12v switch is connected to the radio 12+ wire. I using another car to jump start the battery that I have on the Z. So I tried to crank the engine still constant spark. I used the timming light and sometimes it lights up but is rare

when I stop cranking the engine the rpm gauge turns on lowest rpm is 60something.

ok the wire from the dizzy 12v and the 12v with the 1k resistor I plugged into the ignition harness so it will get constant 12+ even during cranking unless I turn it off. So now I have spark since the rpm gauge will go over 200 but less than 300. The injectors now are now getting fuel I just need get the timing correct to get this thing running.