HybridZ

s15 turbo in rb26

badgti

look into the GARRETT GT28RS in twin application. That is the most popular upgrade turbo.

thanks for the tip. whts the potential for these turbo's , can i use it on a stock r32 rb26dett while maintaining reliability to a certain point.?

i wish the rb26 guys would chime in. From what i remember it's a direct bolt on. Verify it by checking it's flange size such as t28 or t3. Anyhow, they pump out good air for the 26 in twin application. If you did it single turbo app. it wouldn't do much for you at all. Very reliable turbo. It is if i'm correct the silvia s15 turbo as you stated. do an ebay search and get more info about it. Normally people tend to go big single turbo and manifold. Allows more room and more power but can be laggy if you don't check your compressor maps.

The only thing that "bolts on" is the exhaust housing to the exhaust manifold. The RB turbos have a "tucked up" style exhaust housing, meaning the center of the shaft is closer to the turbine flange. The S15 turbos will hang a little lower. The holes that are in the 26 compressor housing where the oil and coolant line junction bolt to are not there. The turbine housing outlet flange is different. The compressor housing outlet is different (three bolts instead of the 26's two, and I believe the compressor inlet flange is clocked a little different. Hope that helps.

Oh yea, and the inlet to the S15 exhaust housing is full size, where the RB manifolds are choked down to about 2/3. This kills gas velocity into the turbine and makes them quite laggy.