HybridZ

New carpet need help with cutting??

tpnorth

Okay im new to the forum but i must say this is one of the best automotive forums ive been on.Okay so i picked up a 280zx project a few weeks ago for 400 bucks a steal but the previous owner bought a new carpet and dash cap.My question is i dont have an old carpet to reference and im confused about two things one should there be something around the stereo like near the floor boards i have screws hanging out but nothing to cover it and im not sure where to cut the carpet to tuck it.Next how is the e-brake cut with the carpet, do i cut around it or cut and pull it through it.Okay and next for the dash cap whats the best adheasive to use, living in florida it will be in the heat and i dont want it comming up. Thanks in advance.

Well If you seach dash on here or on google a extensive thread should appear with details of how to redo cracked dashes.And i have a 280z and the ebrake carpet was just a hole cute out,but for measurements mines a 280z and i tossed the carpet anyways.

someone should be able to better help you soon.

Sorry, I own a 240Z and clicked the thread out of curiosity.

I did 2 minutes worth of googling and came up with a site with many nice large pictures of what looks to be a stock 280ZX Turbo. Plenty of interior shots, so maybe that'll help you out.

http://www.scottiedog.com/zcar/page2.htm

Maybe you could look at the Blackdragon Auto catalogues online to see how things go together as well.

Just my .02¢

• 4 weeks later...