HybridZ

I need options

scottyMIz

The Mazda is the same as a Ranger and I think the Mustang 8.8 is pretty close to being the right width. I narrowed an 8.5" 10 bolt from a '79 Trans Am for my buddies 427 small block powered S-10. I have two friends other than him in the low 10's running 10 bolts that I set up. You can get a one legger for about $100 from the bone yard. I'd look into the Mustang rear since the bolt pattern should be the same. Getting wheels with the proper offset would take care of just about any width differences, but it might look a little funny with an 8" wheel with 6" backspacing if it is as wide as the Camaro housing! (We took 2 1/2" out of either side to be the width of the stock 7.5")

thanks mike i was gonna use a ranger rear but i'm not sure if it'll hold i just think mine was junk before, the turbo and L28 ended up killing it the rest of the way.The ranger rear is the same size i measured but i wonder if it'll bolt up the same in the drive shaft and leaf springs?

Guest Aaron

That model Mazda was different that the Rangers (my 93 model was totaled in '99), they became Ranger copies in '94. They are six lug in the same bolt pattern as Nissan Pickups, Toyota Pickups, and Full Size 4x4 Chevy Pickups. You might be able to get a rear end from a Toyota 4x4. There are even some LSD's available for that rear end because of the Rockcrawling/Off-Roading community. Search the net. You may want to start here .

My friends '86 Ranger was 5 lug, being different from the Mazda I don't know about. You should still be able to get a stronger axle with 5 lug pattern. The Toyota axle is pretty tough and lives in 4x4's with V8's and big tires in 6 lug. You can get 5 lug in two wheel drive.

well the truck's vibration was the rear end it had metal chunks in it and must have broke more off cuz on the way to work today it locked up while i was driving.Good thing it was when i was slowing down only squealed the tires a little bit.I backed up then went forward again and made it to work.But i'm having troubles trying to find a good rear for it with minor mods to make it fit.Anyone got any ideas?It's a 86 mazda B2000 pick up i guess the L28 is just too much for it :D

thanks guys i'm not really concerned about bolt pattern besides it's easier to find rims in five bolt pattern than in six well for me.But i have limited resorces here and i want to get off as cheap as possible but i don't want another rear to puke so i'm kinda stuck.I'm gonna try a ranger rear unles i can find another mazda rear or nissan something still six lug i just don't have any five bolt wheels right now so that would be an obsticle too.