HybridZ

Gonna order RB26 today but got some ?'s

ktown z

should have left the engine with the delivery dudes and filed a claim on your payment to have it canceled. that's when engine suppliers start talking real business.

how were the feed lines damaged by the turbo itself? I would be worried that they didn't move the manifolds enough to snap any studs and/or crack the heads.

!!!!

crossing my fingers for you.

Most of the oil lines where bent and the vacuum hoses to one wastegate was cut from the turbo. After wiping down the engine it looks like most of the oil came from the crankcase breather hose that is on the turbo side. The tube was connected to the crankcase but not on the intake side so when the motor was rolled on that side the oil spilled out. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the turbos but like the post above the damage can be to the head. Well here goes to the ulcers that I will be forming.

it does not make sense for a shipping company to allow engines to roll over suddenly like that. the company who packed the engine should have mounted it in a crate or securely onto a pallet by it'self.

It's best not to accept the item and have your business taken elsewhere. If they can't pack a high-ticket item properly, it's someone you shouldn't be deelin wif.

I know it's seems hard to do, but try and relax. I think you'll be ok with this. It prolly didn't damage anything real bad (unless it was raised up to load and dropped).

Clean everything up and take inventory on everything, as far as broken pieces. Take a bunch of pics before cleaning, and removing.

Again, try and take this one step at a time, you'll make it thru this... :)

Just to give you some piece of mind, I've been to JDM of Miami a few times and have purchased two motors from them. Moe and Carlos treated me good and should be able to help solve your issues as long as you have the proper documentation. The shop is very clean and alot of guys here in Miami buy motor sets from them with out problems. If there is something wrong with it, they usually take care of it right away. Both of my motors have been strapped tight from the warehouse on clean pallets.

Unfortunately, my rb26 has been sitting in my back patio for about 4 months now so I haven't been able to get it in the car and running. They held my motor for me for about 6 weeks and and then did a compression test with me the day I picked it up. It had from 152 to about 160 in all six cylinders.

I'm sure it was the shippers fault so just be patient..

Abes.

• 3 months later...