HybridZ

problem in my nissan patrol

Guest hema_patrol

Guest hema_patrol

hi guys I have Nissan Patrol supre safari 1995 petrol and I bought new TPS (throttle position swich) and I want to connect the wires bettewn TPS and the car

note:

TPS has these colors black, white and red

the wires in the car thouse color are orange, white and laight green

now just I want to know which wire's color connect to the other in the car?

with my best regard

hi guys I have Nissan Patrol supre safari 1995 petrol and I bought new TPS (throttle position swich) and I want to connect the wires bettewn TPS and the car

note:

TPS has these colors black, white and red

the wires in the car thouse color are orange, white and laight green

now just I want to know which wire's color connect to the other in the car?

with my best regard

which car? very vague description.

You have TWO options.

OPTION 1

All Nissan TPS are "servicable" to an extent.

What you can do is take the TPS (both of them, old and new) and drill the two rivets out of the back. They are the circle shaped buttons that hold the backing plate on. when you drill them out, you can remove the plastic from the cover and you can see the contacts on the inside, and you can then wire them up the same.

Then when you're done, you can use some hot-melt glue or some RTV to seal the body to the backing plate again, or you can use some zip-ties first to test it. I put the Zip-ties on mine and they never came off.

OPTION 2

Use a multi-meter/volt-meter with continuity tester to and use an ohm-meter to find what lead goes where.

On the Z31 300Zx Turbo, the TPS is just ON or OFF. It really only uses TWO of the wires. On other cars like the STANZA or the AUTO version of both cars (I think) there is one wire that is a voltage control, and it will output different voltage as its turned with the throttle body.

This takes some time to get it correct, but it works and it's a cleaner install.