HybridZ

Strut Cartridge Removal Trick

My Strut Cartridges Were Rusted In Their Housings Heres A Trick I Would Like To Share . 1 Put Housing In Vise 2 Extend Strut Shaft And Cut It Off Flush With End Of Strut 3 Weld A Large Nut In Center Of Strut To Shaft And Cartridge 4 Put Impact On Nut To Loosen Strut In Housing.. This Worked For Me Be Sure Not To Damage Your Strut Housing In The Process.. Also My Struts Were Completly Dead And Probably Had No Charge In Them I Dont Know How Safe It Is To Weld On A Cartridge That Has A Charge Left In It This Procedure May Not Be For You It Did Work For Me Though...............

My Strut Cartridges Were Rusted In Their Housings Heres A Trick I Would Like To Share . 1 Put Housing In Vise 2 Extend Strut Shaft And Cut It Off Flush With End Of Strut 3 Weld A Large Nut In Center Of Strut To Shaft And Cartridge 4 Put Impact On Nut To Loosen Strut In Housing.. This Worked For Me Be Sure Not To Damage Your Strut Housing In The Process.. Also My Struts Were Completly Dead And Probably Had No Charge In Them I Dont Know How Safe It Is To Weld On A Cartridge That Has A Charge Left In It This Procedure May Not Be For You It Did Work For Me Though...............

73 240z rears were easy fronts were horrible.........

• 2 years later...