HybridZ

Bilstein Gland Nut Spanner/Wrench

Guys,

I am in the process of installing the Bilstein P30 dampers, but they did not come with a gland nut spanner, so I can't get the existing dampers out, nor install the new ones.

Does anyone have either a, an old bilstein gland nut tool lying around they're never going to use again, or b, know where I could purchase one?

Many thanks,

Dave

Guest 280ZForce

just be careful and use a pipe wrench or large set of channel lock pliers works just fine. If super paranoid when re-installing, use a few drips of the blue loc-tite and your solid.

Guest 280ZForce

tons of people have gone to the pipe wrench or channel lock pliers because Bilstein no longer includes the wrenches with their shocks as they once used to. And from what I've read in several threads/discussions online they always get the runaround from Bilstein on trying to order this wrench.

But if you want to give them a try call their 1-858-386-5900 and ask for one, I believe the part # is 420017, even though it's not listed in their online store.

You can also try calling this location as I've heard they might be helpful... 203-401-4415.

I was also concerned about this with my tokico install. After installing them twice with no problems using the biggest crescent wrench I could find at the harbor freight It was apparent that the wrench is not absolutely required. Also a sweet tip I found when installing the fronts: If you remove whole strut assembly and need to loosen or torque a gland nut down real good. With the rotor and hub on, Lay a wheel flat on the ground/upside down and insert the lug studs into the back of the wheel. This gives you great leverage and keeps the strut from flopping around while your working on it.

Ben