HybridZ

How much does an l28et weigh? Shipping related.

linchpin360

Steve, let me know if you figure this out. I'm trying to ship a motor to CA myself. I know the classes are different for a crated motor vs. none, but I'm not sure the difference on the price.

This is what I'm trying to ship:

Block & head (all Internals), valve cover, pan, and Waterpump only. No flywheel or anything else.

I guessed a standard pallet at 40x48 @ 450 LBS. Terminal to Terminal was 375 ish from Orlando to LA, CA.

I'm sure I can make the pallet smaller, but the weight is my question also.

This is who I used, per another memeber, for my quote. They try and find the best rate for you.

Gina Thone

Diversified Transportation Services

phone# 800-686-3871 ext 223

Steve, let me know if you figure this out. I'm trying to ship a motor to CA myself. I know the classes are different for a crated motor vs. none, but I'm not sure the difference on the price.

This is what I'm trying to ship:

Block & head (all Internals), valve cover, pan, and Waterpump only. No flywheel or anything else.

I guessed a standard pallet at 40x48 @ 450 LBS. Terminal to Terminal was 375 ish from Orlando to LA, CA.

I'm sure I can make the pallet smaller, but the weight is my question also.

This is who I used, per another memeber, for my quote. They try and find the best rate for you.

Gina Thone

Diversified Transportation Services

phone# 800-686-3871 ext 223

At 400lbs my quote was $220 from sharon to minnesota. Try calling 8664114295.

Whatever you do, don't sign anything till you get the shipping quote finalized.

The old 'bait and switch' can occur and then they have your cargo and want 5X the price to release it!

But the above mentioned prices look about right for an engine. Anywhere from 300 to 750 cross country the 'long way'. it does pay to shop around.