HybridZ

260z sitting for 20 years

I'll let the motor go for 150 and the trans for 250 i live in Westminster right off the 36 if you're interested.

I actually was looking at that car on Craigslist a while ago... my indecision is your car i guess lol. I picked up one I thought was better because it actually ran... but in the end, I say you're better off paying less for a non-runner because you will end up replacing everything anyway.

i am picking up a engine and 5 speed today how much work is it to convert from automatic to a 5 speed?

You need to just start reading, and more reading.... its all right here in the archives. I know it can be tricky to some, trying to find the right info using the "search" function, but its well worth the effort to try and find what your looking for.

That car actually doesn't look in that bad of cond. rust wise... sure, there is lots of surface rust, but in my eyes, I see no real serious rott.

Your problem is going to be, money and experience.... Lot's of other guys have managed to make a nice Z out of much worse than that, so just settle down and take it one step at a time... you'll be rewarded in the end!