HybridZ

Rear body repairs advice

Filmjay

Based on this picture......

FerrariGTO004.jpg

How extensive would you estimate repairs?

I don't have the experience with Z-cars to make an accurate judgment.

While it is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, I'd be worried about the car being straight.

Please advise.

....and sorry if this is in the wrong section...

Ya, that's kinda what I was thinking. It looks like the rear is now tucked up under what's left of the hatch. lol

It was kind of a good deal though. It's a completed 250GTO Conversion AND he's including another full 250GTO body kit with it.

For what he's asking, the unused "spare" body kit alone is worth it.

Sadly, I can't get a decent quote on transportation from Canada...I've moved cars from TN to Cali for less than half what I'm getting quoted. Of course, that was before gas was $3-$4/gallon.

I'd go get it myself, but I don't have a trailer and don't think it would all fit in the trunk of the road trip Honda. LOL!!!

It would be a GREAT donor car for another GTO conversion though. Especially since he's also including a separate unused Alpha1 GTO body kit. Not to mention the wheels, badges, and all the other goodies.

Of course, I'd still need to find a straight, undamaged 240.

I just CAN'T find any transport co. that'll go into Canada for less than $1600. Which is f'n ridiculous.

I'll post up the pics the guys sent me later on.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with it.

I wouldn't either....except for the fact that what's included FAR outstrips the asking price by nearly quadruple. I know, b/c I've priced everything individually myself.

I want the body kits and the genuine Ferrari accessories he's including mainly. Thunder Ranch and VR components. I just wished to gauge the "fixability" of the damaged one. I can do the repairs, as the frame is straight, I just don't have much experience w/ Z-cars...yet.

I'd probably strip the damaged one and find a good donor, then just get the back half of the kit to complete it...OR use the extra kit to complete it.

Either way, I'm still looking for a decent 71-74 240. :)

Thanks for all your opinions!

I have been up to Thunderranch many times over the last few months, I would think that Tom will sell parts of the kit as well as the kit to you. I see some the parts sitting around up there. Drop him a phone call, he works most Saturdays as well. You could get the recked car plus another donor to complete the project.

I have been up to Thunderranch many times over the last few months, I would think that Tom will sell parts of the kit as well as the kit to you. I see some the parts sitting around up there. Drop him a phone call, he works most Saturdays as well. You could get the recked car plus another donor to complete the project.

Funny you should say that, I've JUST received an email from him about a replacement back half. Which, I will probably end up doing.

Having two full kits would be GREAT...especially for the price of one. I already have two motors, so I could finish one for myself and one for my son. How cool would that be? :D

Tom is a great guy and makes a great product. He is currently doing a 250GT job/built for a local customer. It should be fun seeing that come together. He is doing a Z job for me but it is not a 250GT, it is JDM still widebody kit. It will come out looking awesome. He has been waiting for me to drop off the car for him for the last few months. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with your project. Like I said before, I stop by every once and awhile to check out the operation. The last time I went, I took my wife: BIG mistake, now she wants one of Thunderranch's Posche Speedster kits.