HybridZ

Ultimate suspension

RacerX

Originally posted by Tim240Z:

Unequal length double a-arms all around, with Bilstein fully adjustables with awd and traction control (ala typhoon) and speed sensitive ride height....since I'm only dreaming..... :D

Tim

Hey, Can I borrow that dream when your done with it. rockon.gif

Nah, no F1 stuff....way to exotic and even old F1 stuff is probably going to set you back BIG $$$(plus not enough suspension travel. It's just an overgrown go-Kart).

Maybe just the rear setup from the new 7 seies Beemer :eek: , or maybe a Carrera 4S full setup!! Can you say traction!!

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I'd use one of those obscenely expensive Ford 9" IRS's that are built for the street rods, like from Heidts or one of those companies. I'd also do a bellcrank with the shocks inboard fully adjustable and they would be located between the rear strut towers (this setup was actually photographed and shown in one of our archives).

Front, hmm, not sure, probably some sort of high tech unobtanium tubular upper and lower control arms with a small strut pushing a bellcrank with the shocks mounted ala F1 inboard maybe squeezed in front of the engine pulley and radiator. (probably with like a GN V6 this could actually work from a space perspective) :D

Oh yeah, the shocks would be electronically controlled for firmness like 'Sport' mode or 'comfort' mode. cheers.gif

Regards,

Lone

RacerX,

The ultimate suspension for me and my Z is already on there.

I have Tokico struts, coilovers, adjustable camber plates, complete polyurethane bushing kit, and custom offset 16" wheels with 245/45r16 and 225/45r16 tires.

It handles any kind of punishment I throw at it and keeps begging for more!! The car was setup for roadracing by it's previous owner and living in a city with nothing but straight roads really sucks.

One of these days I'm going to take the car up in the canyons...or at least on a solo course...

Guest Anonymous

hmmm. i like the unequal length A-arms on all corners made of some slightly exotic alloy. but i would also want LSD up front and out back as well as a viscous coupler in the transfer case so i can control the power ratio between up front and out back..50/50, 25/75, 0/100,...ETC (ala ford RS2000) throw in electronicly adjustable shocks, 4wheel streering, adaptive VCS(with a off switch of course :D ) , electronicly controlled ride hight(sp?), and ABS.

i think that would make a kick @ss all around setup that could be easily configured for any need right from the cab of the car be it drag,rally,auto X, or even ride like a friggin caddy mode :D godd luck getting this kinda setup to fit under a Z's skin and still have decnt room left for the motor LOL

i have my dream suspension already, adjustable coilovers on all fours, energy suspension kit, every piece on the car (thanx RON) reinforced motor, trans, and diff mounts,new driveshaft, every ujoint replaced, good springs and shocks(still dont know what kind but they are in good order), big front sway bar, everything from ball joints to mustache bar been covered, and man it rides solid!!! other styles might be better but im not mad at what ive got!