HybridZ

WTB 71-74 240Z - East US.

Filmjay

Got a project 240 that just needs more time than you have?

I'm looking for a 71-74 240Z for GTO conversion. So, I'm not looking for your complete fully modded or resto'd car. Not gonna spend 5K on a really nice car to just be refabbed.

I expect some rust, but don't wish to be doing full panel replacements if possible.

Drivable condition would be a plus, but not required depending on condition.

NO CALIFORNIA/WEST COAST CARS!!! While they are the better examples, I don't have the time to come get it from TN and transport costs too much these days. OF course, consideration WOULD be made for a West Coast car depending on the price/condition, because I still have to factor transport into the cost.

...and if you're in Canada...it's a waste. International transport costs would be far too much.

I know I'm probably asking a tad much, but it never hurts to ask...and what better place?

Thanks for reading. If you have or know someone who has a decent 240 for sale, drop me a PM here and I will forward my email address.

Thanks,

-Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out that TN passed the SEMA laws so my GTO conversion will end up being titled as a '64 Specially Constructed Vehicle...

...so that means that my options have opened up to a 240, 260, or 280 of any year since I was only looking for pre-74's to be emissions exempt! So, if you got a shell or moderately rusted Z within 500 miles of Nashville, TN...lemme know. :D Moderate rust okay. For me, frame rails are the only point that must be in good/decent shape.

...and if an admin reads this...can you change the title to "Looking for an Southeast Z." ? Puh-leeeease!

Just found out that TN passed the SEMA laws so my GTO conversion will end up being titled as a '64 Specially Constructed Vehicle...

...so that means that my options have opened up to a 240, 260, or 280 of any year since I was only looking for pre-74's to be emissions exempt! So, if you got a shell or moderately rusted Z within 500 miles of Nashville, TN...lemme know. :D Moderate rust okay. For me, frame rails are the only point that must be in good/decent shape.

...and if an admin reads this...can you change the title to "Looking for an Southeast Z." ? Puh-leeeease!

I know you were looking for a few that were closer but we have a couple of rust free Z cars for sale if your interested a 71 and a 76 call me at 760 220 6145 at&t cell

I know you were looking for a few that were closer but we have a couple of rust free Z cars for sale if your interested a 71 and a 76 call me at 760 220 6145 at&t cell

Rust free would be nice, but what it would cost for cross-country transport is more than I'm willing to pay....unless you're selling for less than $200...which I HIGHLY doubt for a rust-free Z.

I can get the necessary sheet metal for repairs and a nice MIG welder for less than the current costs....and have a nice little welder for other stuff when I'm done. Sorry, no offense. Thanks though.

Jay, I'll sell you my 78 I just picked up for $800.00.

Pics please. All I need to see are floors, frame rails, dogs/rockers/wells, batt. tray/and hatch areas. Sounds alright so far. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...