HybridZ

Drivability issues. Runs poor, hesitates, dies, etc..

Guest trey11691

Guest trey11691

m haveing the sputtering problems to but way worse! 1988 300zx NA. i did a tune up, (plugs, cap, button.. etc.) a month later the car started actin strange. on cold start up i have to throttle it to get it goin after a few seconds of 2000 rpm it idles. ill drive it a few mile with no problems, then the car will just loose power, rpms drop it idles extremely rough i give it gas and it will spit and spudder ad bog down. eventually the rpms will come back up if im lucky. it dies sometimes at redlights. if the rpms wont go up im stranded the car will spudder and spit and i cant go over 15mph, and it will backfire sometimes. if i kill the engine and crank it, and hit the throttle right when it cranks up the rpms will shoot up. sometimes they will bogg back down if i can keep it at about 4000rpm for about 15-20 seconds, the engine will clear up and run fine for the next 10 minutes or so. i have changed the coolant temp sensor (was never even hooked up i had to buy a pigtail) and unscrewed a bolt from behind #1 injector on right side, it leaks, and i have no change in car.i think and have been told the plugs are "fuel filling" the car is flooding itself. i dont no wat could be causeing it al. tomoro i will check fuel preasure and i few other sensors. im good with cars but wat could cause such terrible running? please if you can tell me anything i would love to have your openion. oh and it did this when i was lettin someone test drive it, needless to say, i havent heard back......

Guest trey11691

fuel filter is fine just changed. it does this after it gets warm and it wont start cold unless i throttle it for a few min. then after it gets warm it bogs down. my mechanic says its goin lean. computer says coolant temp. and fuel temp. and trouble code 42.... i forget wat that one is. i bought nboth sensors. im just havin trouble locating the the coolant temp on the car. it ran fine when i bought it, turns out that sensor was never hooked up i had to buy a pig tail for it. everything says its in the head but i still cant find it will i have to take off the coolant inlet, or take off the timing belt cover????