HybridZ

Brake holding problem

I can not hold my car from creeping forward when I am standing on the brakes and giving it gas. My set up is a sbc with a th350 tranny. I only use the car for drag racing. I installed the toyota 4x4 calipers in the front and since then the car will not hold. I use to be able to stand the brakes and light the rears up. Now I just move forward. I understand I changed my caliper volume with this upgrade, but I don't know how to increase my pressure in the front. I just want my front brakes to hold and if anything light the tires up since at the track I will have real sticky slicks on it so that should not be a problem. I am looking for any info to try. thanks.

Did you use the master cylender from a 79-81 280? (im assuming you have a 240) i "think" its bigger and i assume bigger would mean more pressure right? You could also try a differant compound brake pad, might be the one you use isnt "good enough" or something. Im not the sharpist tool in the shed but those are what id look at first, other then that i dont have a clue, but i would try that first.

hope i helped if even a little.

Thomas