HybridZ

Gauges and interior questions

g9m3c

On my '74 260Z, what could be wrong with my water temp, fuel level, amp meter, and oil pressure gauges? I'm not sure if the clock works or not. All of the gauges light up, but none of them work. My tach and speedo work fine.

Also, what are the two knobs for under the dash on both sides of the car? They pull straight out, but I'm not sure what they're for. Also, the car has two brackets directly under dash under the glove compartment. they have a hole drilled in them with a rubber insert. What are they for?

Ok three possible things wrong with the gauges, wiring (connectors burnt wire...etc) fuses or a bad sensor, start with the easiest first and work your way up. And i have no clue what the bracket could be for, probably some accessory added in the 80's and removed in the 90's.

the knobs on the left and right that pull out are outside air vents. Pull them out and they allow air into the footwells. My car has a sunroof and I am able to pop up the sunroof, open those vents and get a great little breeze blowing up through the car with the windows rolled up.