HybridZ

Heater hoses & Carbon cannister

drunkenmaster

Hi Guys,

2 quick questions for you all:

1) I have a S2 RB25DET in my 260Z, however the heater water lines from the RB are larger diameter than the fittings protruding through the firewall from the 260Z heater. How are people reducing the water lines or increasing the 260Z hard fittings to match?

2) The RB carbon cannister is on the exhaust side of the engine and 260Z lines to the tank are on the intake side (i.e. opposite), how have people routed the lines/mounted the cannister to suit this?

Thanks

1) I have a S2 RB25DET in my 260Z, however the heater water lines from the RB are larger diameter than the fittings protruding through the firewall from the 260Z heater. How are people reducing the water lines or increasing the 260Z hard fittings to match?

Thats weird - my RB30 lines were the same as the Datsun heater lines! Have you stuck some calipers on them? what is the difference in circumference?

2) The RB carbon cannister is on the exhaust side of the engine and 260Z lines to the tank are on the intake side (i.e. opposite), how have people routed the lines/mounted the cannister to suit this?

Throw it away :-), My car is a 74 and pre-pollution and In the ACT my car has to conform the pollution & noise standards of the date of production of the vehicle, in NSW its the engine, is that the case in VIC? - Pretty sweet, I have to conform to 1974 pollution and noise standards!!! I don't need cats, carbon cannister and apparently the exhaust note can hit 98 decebls :-)!!!

if you're having trouble with the heater lines, you could get some brass reduction double barbs.

they are 3/4 on one side and 5/8ths on the other, as well as various other combinations. get some fuel injection #8 clamps, and it should be good for both ends. you could get some fuel injection #6 or #4 size clamps but they are so close, and the #8's can go down to the size of a #4 as far as I recall.

• 1 year later...