HybridZ

Will my CAR be slow Please Advise?

youll RUN that mustang. just had a street battle with one two nights ago. 1990 five-oh

with e-303 cam, msd ignition, duals, headers, ported, aftermarket manifold and 24lb injectors! launching from idle i hung even, second started lurching, third and I WAS GONE!

he was a friend of a friend and we ended up having a hoods up conversation with each other.. that fiver kills GT4.6 mustangs and prides himself on that, imagine what you will do to one!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Your Z will be anything but slow. Mine has a 350 with cast pstns, 214/224 @ .050, .442/.467 lift cam, stock 882 heads, perfomer rpm intake, 1.5:1 roller rockers, crane HI-6 ignition, and a holley 650DP, in it, and it ran a 12.68 @ 110 with a 1.91 60' on 235/60/15 cooper cobra street tires, stock suspension and all. Put another 150 horses on nitrous to it and it went 11.36 @ 123 with 1.82 60' still on street tires. Mustangs and Z28s dont stand a chance LMAO.

Guest Anonymous

I've got a turbo 350 with a TCI saturday night special converter. The stall range is supposed to be 1900-2100, but i can get 2000 against brakes, it'll flash about 2400 with good traction. the Z still has 3.55 gears in the back so a three speed aint too bad on highway, but im in the process of building a 650hp 406 small block and 200r4 combo. i wanna see how that combo lives on the ragged edge of the street scene lol. i want 10s damnit!

With your numbers, I figured it was an automatic. I'll be running a 5 or 6 speed manual tranny. I hope to be in the 12's (more like wishful thinking). Make sure you send Andrew Bailey your times so he can add your car to the stat sheet if you have not done so already! icon_smile.gif

David

Guest Anonymous

Andy, you are more than welcome to add my times to your list and hopefully if scanner works after kiddos spilled orange juice on it ill have pics soon.

Guest Dean570z

660:

I'm a little late jumping in here, hope you keep reading this subject. I guess you need to define slow. My 76 280z Chevy 350/700R4 combo is set up basically the same as yours, however from the listing above you are running more compression than I. Back in '94, I ran a 12.0 quarter at the old Wilmington Calif drag strip. It has a lot more miles on it now and the engine is tired, but it will still allow you to feel the back of the seat on acceleration. These are plenty fast for street machines.

W. Dean Byers

Quartz Hill, Calif

570z since '93

quote:

Originally posted by Dean570z:

660:

I'm a little late jumping in here, hope you keep reading this subject. I guess you need to define slow. My 76 280z Chevy 350/700R4 combo is set up basically the same as yours, however from the listing above you are running more compression than I. Back in '94, I ran a 12.0 quarter at the old Wilmington Calif drag strip. It has a lot more miles on it now and the engine is tired, but it will still allow you to feel the back of the seat on acceleration. These are plenty fast for street machines.

W. Dean Byers

Quartz Hill, Calif

570z since '93

Yes Im STIIL reading everything posted on this wonderfull site. I just want to THANK EVERYBODY that has posted to my messages THANK YOU.

Jon Peterson

W7BLU@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...

I almost died when I saw this post, and rememberd life before my 660-Z. now I will have two of them, second one should be done by this Sunday. With about 150 more NA horse power. I wont even ask the question Again.

ALL THROTLE - NO BABY BOTTLE

NAWZ=Laughter

what you should do is look real dumb and say"yea,you're probably right,that pintang(oops,I meant Mustang) of yours is AWWWsome,lets go out on the interstate and you show me what its all about!!!"".And dont forget to be polite,give him a generous head start so that when you go by him,he will feel like an F-15 just did an afterburn flyby.The Crying will start soon,so dont let tears get to you,he will recover after spanking a couple of stock ricers with 5" fart pipes and big stickers.THAT is the guy you've been waiting for ALL your V8Z's life.Cherish the moment.It brings A tear to my eye....sniff...sniff :D:D