HybridZ

GMC Syclone

Guest Azel

Guest Azel

Hey guys...I just got back from a road trip to California....PHEW!! WAS IT LONG!!!

Anyways, while cruising our nation's interstates, I thought about a possible solution to an AWD Z. I've heard some folks swapping in V8's to their GMC Cyclones. Cool idea, if anyone has anything to add, let us know...

Guest Anonymous

I had a similar idea, but its for a built 383 in a AWD Astro van, kinda pondered the idea, would be neat to see 4 wheel burnouts... :D

Regards,

Lone

My friend has a Typhoon as his daily driver and another wrecked one in the gee-rage. I've TRIED to talk him into the Z car swap but nothing doing so far. I think he's going to do an S15 Jimmy 4x4 swap. Summit racing built an all wheel drive roadster called the Quadra deuce that used Sy/Ty technology so it could be done. Especially if you used the 4.3 instead of a SBC for front diff clearance. Driveline angles would be a concern and it would likely have to be a tube frame creation without inner fenderwells in order to mount the upper/lower control arm setup.