HybridZ

Interchangeable Parts 280z

Hey, just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of interchangeable parts for a 280z, or if anyone on here has success stories of their own. l've heard of Toyota brake upgrades but not much else. I'm not so much interested in a turbo motor swap but any other upgrades that would improve performance would be great. I would love to know of more swappable parts as I'm a sucker for salvage yards. I'm currently upgrading my injector connectors with Volvo and Saab ones.

• Administrators

Here is my personal list of parts/components that will interchange with/on/in the Datsun 280-Z;

Small Block Chevy.

L-24.

L-26.

Dual SU carbs.

5 speed if the 280 was 4 speed.

4 speed if the 280 was 5 speed.

Subaru R-160 differential

Datsun 510 steel rear brake drums.

L-16, (will need motor mount extensions, but will bolt in).

Datsun 510 oil pressrue sender, (great for adding an oil pressure idiot light. Will need a TEE with 10mm pipe thread if you want to retain the gauge as well)

Chrysler 440 Big block, (not a quick bolt in, but is fun for reducing the diameter of most tires. Personally tried this one).)

280-ZX self contained electronic ignition.

RB26DET

Toyota Celica 4 lug wheels.

Z-31 300 ZX 4 lug wheels.

Early Datsun pickup clutch master cylinder (3/4" bore, works great for BW T-56 trans).

I have heard the 280-ZX Turbo engine and EFI will fit.

• 7 years later...

How about interchangeable parts between different z models. For example I have a 280z shell, no motor,no diff, no driveshaft, no gas tank... I have the front suspension axles and whatnot. I wanted to know of I can take everything I need to drive out of a early 260 2+2 besides the driveshaft since it's longer? I ask this because where I'm from there really isn't many datsuns at all and I don't have enough for my Rb swap atm.

post-51788-0-66987100-1453340331_thumb.jpg

There's an early 260Z and a late 260Z.  There's also an early 280Z and a late 280Z.

I'd start a new thread of your own, with the details of what you have and what you want to do.  You haven't even posted the year of your 280Z yet.   You're getting spread out over multiple threads and you're going to get lost in the answers.  People who reply to one won't reply to the other,  And if you ignore them in one they're not going to repost the same answer elsewhere.  

Just a suggestion.  This thread is over 7 years old and BRAAP has moved on to other things, so most likely won't reply.  Although, his profile says he was active 2 days ago.