HybridZ

I have a question about the fuel tank on a 260z

Berkeley

I bought a 260z without an engine. Because I needed a new home for my small block 400. My question is what are the 2 lines comming from the fuel tank? One went to an electric fuel pump near the tank, it looked like a Mickey Mouse replacement of a factory pump. They both run to the engine compartment (along with the smaller line from the top of the tank that I assume is to a charcoal canister). Both these lines come out of the tank right near the same spot. Are they both pick up? And any advise on a fuel pump set up to use the 8mm fuel tube to my 750 double pumper? Thanks

It just seems odd to see a fuel return on something that was carburated.

NOT REALLY, if your fuel systems set up correctly you NEED a return style fuel pressure regulator in the loop.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fuelish-tendencies-understanding-fuel-pressure-and-volume-spg-140.html

fuel2.gif

Keep in mind, that installing a return style fuel pressure regulator allows the FUEL FLOW thru the fuel pump too absorb and transfer heat away from the fuel pump, generally increasing its life,expectancy and usually supplying a far more consistant pressure and flow to the carb. under high G-forces.

I have numerous questions regarding my current 260z projet. One of them should work with this post. I have 3 fuel lines located on the pass side (see pic) and I am not sure how to run them - is the regulator and filter located in the engine bay? The fuel filter has one inlet and two outlets?Thanks

260Z INTAKE 134_thumb.jpg

The outlet and inlet should be on the fuel rail. I can't remember which is which as far as feed return at the body, but on the fuel rail top is feed bottom is return.

The "outlet" on the carbs is a bowl vent, and they usually connect up to the intake box. You might delete or fix your posted picture so it doesn't start floating around the internet confusing people.

There is some talk about charcoal canister removal. Search around. Bit of a touchy subject to some.